Inspire. Explore. Compete.
Competition for fresh ideas in Food Systems Innovation.
PRIZES UP TO 3000€ IN CASH!
Online sessions only: easy to take the course at your own pace until the 31/12/2023
Participate and win up to 3000€ in cash
About : Embark on a transformative journey to revolutionize the Global Food System
Can you imagine the power of your ideas resonating worldwide? We invite you to channel your entrepreneurial spirit and develop fresh ideas!
Seize the chance to make a tangible impact and be recognized for your contribution to building a future-fit food system that produces healthy and sustainable food for all.
This competition is your platform to make a tangible impact on building a sustainable and resilient food system.
Cash prizes take centre stage, awaiting the most impactful entries!
Join us in this quest for innovation, where every idea has the potential to not only drive positive change but also win substantial cash prizes.
What are you waiting for? We believe in your potential, so come and join us!
In the enrolment procedure, you will encounter a step 'Go to payment and Confirmation', do not worry, the course is absolutely free of charge! Just click and continue and you will see the price is set at 0.
At the end of this course, you will have the opportunity to win a cash prize and share your idea with a panel of experts.
You will also:
- Appreciate the value of opportunities that arise
- Identify, develop and act on entrepreneurial opportunities
- Articulate a food system problem that can be addressed by a sustainable solution
- Evaluate a target market in order to assess the potential for a product innovation
- Mobilise resources to support the creation of value to the market
- Implement actions to initiate the deliverance of an innovative solution
- Submit your idea and get feedback
The course is designed to be flexible to your needs. It's for anyone interested in food, innovation, and solving global challenges.
This course is available up to the 31st of December 2023 for you to be part of the competition and get your certificate.
Structure and Modules : The competition places entrepreneurial skills at the forefront...
Participants have two options:
- To do the 4 first modules and get a certificate
- Or do the 4 first modules + slide deck and enter the competition (assessment)
To win you must complete these four modules with a focus on one of the 3 EIT Food Missions:
- Problem definition – what is it and who has it
- Solution – What is it that can solve the problem
- Marketing – How can you communicate the solution
- Finance – How much will it take and how much will it make
- Assessment - This is a competition section which requires you to create and submit 4 slides based on the 4 modules above
Our first 4 modules will guide you through the journey of developing a new idea: from identifying the problem you want to solve to funding your new venture.
There will be three prizes per mission - €1000, €750 and €500.
The three mission winners will face off for the EIT Food Champion prize of €2000.
EIT Food Missions:
Terms and Conditions - Inspire. Explore. Compete : Take part for a chance to win up to 3000€ in cash!
- Eligibility: The competition is open to individuals aged 18 years or older.
- Entry Requirements:
- Participants must complete the first 4 sections of the course. Section 5 is the competition section which requires you to create and submit 4 slides.
- Participants must have and provide a valid bank account in their name.
- Each idea submission must be linked to one of the EIT Food missions and must cover each of these areas.
- Only a single entry per person is allowed.
- Submission Deadline: 31 December 2023. Entries received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Selection of Winners: Winners will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by EIT Food Education in January 2024.
- Judging criteria: All entries will be judged on the quality of the submission in each of the four sections of the course as well as on the fit with the overall objectives of the chosen mission (see EIT Food Mission Insight Reports). The decision of the judges is final and binding.
- What is the problem you are addressing, how big is it and who has it?
- What is your solution – what does it do and how does it work?
- How will you communicate your idea – name, messages, channels, engagement
- How will it work financially – how much money will you need to deliver the solution and how much money do you expect it to make/save?
- There are three prizes in each mission category: 1st - €1000, 2nd - €750 and 3rd - €500.
- The 1st-placed winner in each mission category will compete against each other for the EIT Food Champion prize of a further €2000.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other alternatives.
- Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by email within 31 days of the competition closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, EIT Food reserves the right to withdraw the prize from that winner and select a replacement.
- Publicity: By entering the competition, participants agree to allow EIT Food to use their name, likeness, and entry for promotional purposes without further compensation.
- Intellectual Property:
- Participants in Inspire. Explore. Compete retain complete ownership of the innovation and intellectual property ("IP") developed during their participation
- Participants explicitly assure EIT Food that they are the rightful owners of the intellectual property they submit.
- By participating, Participants acknowledge and agree that any innovation or IP they present is their own, and they have the legal right to claim ownership.
- Good Faith Operating Principle:
- Inspire. Explore. Compete operates on the principle of good faith, trusting that Participants provide accurate information regarding their ownership of the IP.
- Inspire. Compete. Explore. reserves the right to take appropriate measures if it is discovered that a Participant has misrepresented their ownership of the IP.
- By entering the competition, participants grant EIT Food a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, and distribute their entries for promotional purposes.
- Disqualification: EIT Food reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates these terms and conditions or engages in fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Changes to the Competition: EIT Food reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the competition at any time for any reason.
- Liability: EIT Food is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries or for any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries.
- Contact Information: Any questions or concerns regarding the competition should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
By participating in the prize-challenge competition, participants agree to abide by these terms and conditions. EIT Food reserves the right to update or modify these terms at any time without prior notice.
What you'll learn : Essential knowledge and more...
- Apply basic systems analysis techniques to describe the food system.
- Identify dominant sustainability challenges for the food system.
- Recognise how innovations can contribute to achieving societal impact.
- Appraise and articulate the value of opportunities.
- Identify and use relevant resources to support the creation of social and environmental value.
- Implement effective actions to support the creation of sustainability impacts.
- Analyse relevant aspects of the problem space to inform creative thought.
- Use basic methods to generate new ideas and to assess their validity.
- Contribute to co-creation processes to develop sustainable solutions.
- Collect, analyse and report information and data to support the generation of new ideas and approaches.
- Recognise the importance of ethical goals.
- Identify relevant stakeholders and their prominent concerns.
- Recognise the importance of inclusive dialogue in food systems transformation.
- Implement basic communication methods.
Career Opportunities : Boost your employability potential
They will be introduced to the basics of entrepreneurship which can be used to build a solid foundation in developing the skills they will need to support their entrepreneurial journey.
Participants will also receive an EIT Food certificate at the end of this course.
Programme Lead :
Related coursesView our full course catalogue