Trust in Our Food: Understanding Food Supply Systems
How much do you trust your food? Learn about food supply systems, safety, sustainability, nutrition and quality.
- Weekly duration
This course is free for 4 weeks, from the moment you start.
About : Explore how your food reaches you.
How does your food reach your plate? Can you trust your food? Find out with this online course that will help you understand global food supply systems.
You’ll explore the challenges and responsibilities of different people in the food system, including the role of the consumer. You will assess the information available to consumers relating to issues of food safety, nutrition and quality, sustainability of production methods and how these affect consumer trust. You’ll leave the course knowing more about where your food comes from and how you can make a difference in the food supply chain.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Describe the complexity of the global food system and the issues that affect consumer trust in food
- Explain the key factors involved in food safety
- Critically evaluate different sources of nutritional information
- Explore the different food labels that provide assurances to consumers
- Reflect on the role of the consumer in influencing the food supply system
Structure & Modules : What are you going to learn over 4 weeks?
Week 1: Food systems
- Consumer and trust
- Food suply systems
Week 2: Food safety
- What is food safety?
- Food scandals
Week 3: Nutrition and Quality
- What is nutritional value?
- Who to listen to?
Week 4: Sustainability
- What is sustainability?
- The framework
Partners : Where can you find this course?
Future LearnVisit website
Related coursesView our full course catalogue