The Regenerative Agriculture Revolution
Build your knowledge of sustainable farming methods and the skills and policies needed to transition to a regenerative model.
About : Discover the inspiring future of sustainable farming
Current mainstream farming methods are resulting in the loss of fertile soil and biodiversity, meaning that the world could run out of topsoil in about 60 years.
On this two-week course from EIT Food, you’ll learn what regenerative agriculture involves, why it’s crucial for the future of farming, and how to implement your own transition to the regenerative model.
Learn the fundamentals and benefits of regenerative agriculture
From soil health and biodiversity to farmer livelihoods, there are many benefits to sustainable and regenerative farming.
This course will guide you through the key principles of regenerative agriculture, the benefits of different farming methods, and how the regenerative model can help to reduce the environmental impact of farm practices.
Explore the policies and designs needed to transition supply chains
Reports from leading organisations state the fundamental importance of transitioning to more regenerative agriculture methods if Europe is to meet its climate change targets, food security needs, and protect our farmland.
You’ll look at the regenerative model and how it can be implemented to reverse rural abandonment by making farms profitable. You’ll also examine the responsibilities of both corporations and consumers, as well as the EU policies that aim to help move the industry towards a sustainable future.
Develop your skills with the experts at EIT Food
With teams on the ground across Europe, EIT Food leads the world’s largest and most dynamic food innovation community.
This course has been developed by a team of experts with hands-on knowledge of regenerative agriculture, making them uniquely positioned to help you develop your understanding of the topic and grow your own strategies for sustainable intensification.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the concepts of regenerative agriculture and sustainable intensification and the impact these can have on farming systems
- Explore how regenerative agriculture can help reducing environmental impacts of farm practices
- Identify which skills are necessary to implement new data-driven regenerative farming techniques
- Reflect on the challenges faced by farmers and how regenerative agriculture can help them to provide a secure and sustainable food supply for a growing population
- Assess soil health
- Develop a regenerative action plan for your farm (or a hypothetical farm)
Structure & Modules : What are you going to learn over 2 weeks?
Week 1: Uncover the story of regenerative agriculture
- Farming better
- Soil, climate and plant as a set
Week 2: Farming for the future
- Animals as key-player in the agroecosystem
- Holistic management
- Transitioning supply chains
Partners : Where can you find this course?
Future LearnVisit website
Related coursesView our full course catalogue