New Product Development Training “NPD Skills” Autumn Edition
Become an expert in New Product Development!
Apply for the Sensory Evaluation and its Role in Food Product Design workshop, happening on the 12/12/2023
About : Do you work in the food industry?
Do you want to improve your skills in New Product Development? By participating, you'll acquire expertise in the creation of innovative products within the food market! Join the workshop and become an expert in the development of new products in the food market!
The NPD workshop is a unique opportunity to learn through experience, meet professionals working in the food industry and expand knowledge in the field of new product development. You can:
- Develop your NPD skills by learning through experience!
- Learn how to create and execute NPD projects by understanding the market and consumer needs!
- Apply sensory analysis in the process of food design!
- Discover how to handle competing project requirements and constraints!
- Understand the role of sensory evaluation in new product development and learn sensory analysis tools!
- Team up with professionals from RIS countries and identify how to meet the needs of food sector customers!
- Network and share your experiences with directors, managers, researchers, scientists and other experts working in the agri-food industry!
- Get a professional training certificate!
- Gain new knowledge on NPD in the food industry, apply it in practice and make the difference!
What you'll learn : You will learn the following competencies
Analyse the food system using a range of systems approaches to appraise current and future sustainability challenges.
Implement innovative responses to address sustainability challenges in the food system.
Mobilise appropriate technologies in innovation processes.
Design effective actions to mitigate key unintended consequences of the use of emerging technologies.
Contribute to the development of new technologies for food system transformation.
Collect, analyse, interpret and report information to develop sustainable solutions to current and future challenges.
Appraise unintended consequences of any course of action to devise ethical goals.
Structure and Modules : 3 workshops
The programme's innovative structure enables participants to select their preferred thematic route, allowing them to develop their unique competencies and choose workshops aimed at a specific area of new product development. Selection of either or both workshops is possible, however, please be reminded that choosing the "New Product Development in a VUCA World" or "Technology Management in New Product Development" workshop means you are agreeing to attend all sessions included.
The programme’s structure and schedule
- New Product Development in a VUCA World workshop:
[Competency Focus: Food System, Level: Practise]
- Session Post-pandemic Food Industry Trends: Navigating New Product Development and Safety
30.10.2023 (10:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.)
- Session Food Industry in Times of Crisis (COVID-19 & the Effect of the Russian Invasion on the Food Industry)
7.11.2023 (9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
- Session Global Trends in the Food Market: Challenges in the New Product Development Process
13.11.2023 (9:00 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Technology Management in New Product Development workshop:
[Competency Focus: Technology Management, Level: Practise]
- Session NPD Process and Technology Management in Food Manufacturing
6.11.2023 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Session Unveiling PepsiCo's Technology-driven NPD Secrets
8.11.2023 (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Session PEF Technology in Food Innovation
15.11.2023 (8:00 – 10:00 a.m.)
- Session Strawberries on K2 - Future of Freeze-drying in Food System Transformation
20.11.2023 (9:00 - 11:00 a.m.)
- Sensory Evaluation and its Role in Food Product Design workshop:
[Competency Focus: Critical Thinking, Level: Practise]
- 12.12.2023 (9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m)
The workshop is an online repetition of the Summer Edition of the training
Related coursesView our full course catalogue